By providing your personal data to us, you signify your acceptance of our Privacy Statement and agree that we may collect, use and disclose your personal data as described in this Privacy Statement.
For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 2018 the data controller is the Gordon Skiers Communications Convenor.
Personal Data is any personal information which relates to a living individual who can be identified from that data.
We collect personal information from visitors to this web site through the use of enquiry and reservation forms and your details that are contained in emails.
We also collect information automatically about your visit to our web site which may include your IP addresses. You may also give us personal data using the internet. We may use this information to contact you by e-mail or other methods. This information may be used, for example, to inform you of club activities etc. We may also monitor and collect the domains of visitors to our site. This information may be used for analysis and statistical purposes.
We may also collect information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. You may refuse to accept cookies by activating the setting on your browser, though this may mean you are unable to access certain parts of our site.
We respect your right of privacy. If you tell us that you do not wish to have this personal data used in these ways we will respect your wishes. If you have any requests concerning your personal information or any queries with regard to the capture, storage and use of personal data please contact Gordon Skiers.
Material on this website is protected by copyright which is owned Gordon Skiers. Users may view, print and download the contents for personal use only and the contents must not be used for any commercial purposes without the permission of Gordon Skiers.
Gordon Skiers website may contain links to other websites. We do not endorse nor accept any responsibility or liability for anything that occurs should you follow these links to other websites.
Please be aware when visiting other websites that we have no control over the content of these websites. Please also ensure that you have taken precautionary measures you believe is prudent to ensure that any downloads from these websites etc are safe and do not contain malware software or viruses.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure and while we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee its security. Any transmission is done at your own risk.
As part of the new European Union privacy protection laws we are required to inform you when we use tracking features called ‘cookies’ on our website.
“Cookies” are tiny, harmless text files sent to your computer or mobile when you visit a website.
Current third parties are:
What to do if you do not consent to us using cookies:
If you do not consent to us using cookies you can restrict or delete them from your browser. To help you change your browsers cookie preferences we recommend you google “how to reset your privacy settings and preferences”. For example, here are instructions for Apple devices:
Click here for details of how to change your privacy preferences for Apple.
Please note if cookies are disabled the online browsing experience “may” be limited.
What cookies do we use?
First Party Cookies
These cookies are used by our content management system to monitor the previous pages you visited in order to tailor each page to better suit you, and to monitor which geographic location you wish to view.
If you’d like to learn more about cookies and the EU Directive here are some useful links:
Our website uses a number of session cookies which ensure you are remembered as you move between pages. Without a “session cookie” website features, such booking engines, would not work.
Managing Cookie Preferences
If you’re not sure of the type and version of web browser you use to access the Internet:
- For PCs: click on ‘Help’ at the top of your browser window and select the ‘About’ option
- For Macs: with the browser window open, the browser name is visible to the right of the Apple menu
Disclosure of Personal Information/Personal Data
We value your personal information/personal data and only share such information with third parties that provide adequate protection for such information. From time to time we may disclose your personal information/personal data to:
- Third parties IF you have provided your consent for us to do so. You can withdraw your consent at any time by informing us;
- Our service providers and subcontractors, retained to perform functions on our behalf or to provide services to us, such as marketing and advertising; payment services and data processing; age verification; software development; website hosting and management; information technology and office services; and other services related to Club activities; and further, provided such service providers and subcontractors do not collect, use or disclose the personal information for any purpose other than to perform such functions on our behalf or to provide services to us or as otherwise required by law;
- Third parties who, in our reasonable judgment, are providing or seeking the information as the authorized or appointed legal agent of the subject individual; or
- Law enforcement, governmental or regulatory agencies, or other third party in order to comply with law or where we believe such action is necessary in order to comply with law or detect, protect or defend us and/or other third parties against error, negligence, breach of contract, theft, fraud and other illegal or harmful activity, to comply with our audit and security requirements, and to audit compliance with our corporate policies, procedures, legal and contractual obligations.
Path to Compliance
The information on this page is part of the action we are currently taking as we work in accordance with our policy to continually improve our privacy levels and will post updates on this page.